09 February 2010

Edition 2, page 4

FOUNTAIN OF AGNOSTICISM



One day God’s brightest and most intelligent Angel addressed God, saying: “God, I reckon I can do it better than you. You should stand aside and let me have a go.”

That was the Original Sin.

Now, the Original Sin wasn’t the bit where Lucifer thought he could improve on God’s perfect creation. It was the bit where he thought of himself as somehow other than God. He addressed God as “the second person”.

Looking at it like that, I have to admit that I am guilty of Original Sin at every moment of my life. I see myself as somehow other than God. In addition, I also think that things can be improved. An example would be “A cup of tea would be nice”. Which is another way of saying “Things would be even better if I drank a cup of tea.”

I am being very hard-line here. Even if I believe that I was created by God, or that I am connected to God, or have a spark of God in me, that is not the same as clearly seeing that there is only God, and nothing else.

This belief informs my spiritual practice. Whilst I see myself as existing, I am still on the Path. Whilst I think things could be improved, I am still on the Path.

Some questions:

-Can I will myself out of the picture?

-Would it be even better if I were without Sin?

Here is a mystery indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment